Friday, May 31, 2013

Red Wine Pot Roast with Honey and Thyme

I love a good pot roast recipe and I really enjoyed the flavor of this roast recipe, however, I wasn't crazy about the cut of meat that the recipe calls for (bottom round roast).  I threw all the ingredients into my crock pot and cooked it that way instead of in the oven (like the recipe said to do), so that could have made a difference in the cut.  I also cooked the potatoes in the oven (not the crock pot), so we had the roast/onions/carrots served with a baked potato on the side.

I will definitely make this again, as I love the flavor the wine gives the roast.  Also, I will most likely use my crock pot again next time (because crock pots are AWESOME!), however, I will use the cut of meat that I usually use when I make a roast in my crock pot (I can't remember the cut, but if I were at the store I would be able to figure it out!).  :)

~Davis


Red Wine Pot Roast with Honey and Thyme
(Food Network)
Ingredients:
-roast (I will probably try a different cut of meat next time)
-sea salt
-pepper
-oil*
-onions
-fresh garlic
-carrots
-homemade chicken stock
-red wine
-honey
-thyme (I used dried thyme)
-potatoes

*I didn't brown the sides of the meat (lazy, I know!), nor did I saute the vegetables, therefore I omitted this ingredients.  If I hadn't omitted the oil, I would have used coconut oil instead of the vegetable oil.




No comments:

Post a Comment