Thursday, February 14, 2013

Parsley, Sage, Rosemary and Thyme Crock-Pot Chicken

Does this make you start singing the Simon and Garfunkel song "Scarborough Fair/Canticle" ?  It does me!  Such great musicians!  

Anyway, back to food....so, I usually make The Best Whole Chicken in a Crock Pot, but we were in the mood for a change.  Also, we attended a party recently and my friend made this amazing  turkey in the crock pot that was seasoned with sage and thyme, so it got me in the mood for a similar recipe.  I actually had planned on cooking a turkey in the crock pot, but to my surprise a whole turkey was twice as much as a whole chicken (that shows you how often I buy a whole turkey)!  I made several changes to the recipe I found online, but here's the original recipe from Tablespoon.com if you want to check it out too: Parsley, Sage, Rosemary and Thyme Turkey Breast.  

We've been enjoying this chicken on sandwiches and by itself.  Hope you like it too!  

~Davis 



PARSLEY, SAGE, ROSEMARY & THYME CROCK-POT CHICKEN

Ingredients
-4 tsp. dried parsley
-1 tsp. dried sage leaves
-1 tsp. dried rosemary leaves, crushed
-1 tsp. dried thyme leaves
-1 tsp. salt
-1/2 tsp. pepper
-1 onion
-1-2 garlic cloves, minced
-1 whole chicken (about 5 lbs.)- skin cut off the entire chicken and giblet packet removed from cavity

Slice onion.  Put the onion slices in the bottom of the crock pot and some inside the cavity of the chicken.  Put the minced garlic in the cavity too.  In a small bowl, mix the parsley, sage, rosemary, thyme, salt and pepper.  Rub the spice mixture all over the chicken.  place the chicken in the crock pot (on top of the slices of onion).  Cook chicken on low over night (8-10 hours).    Enjoy!

Parsley, Sage, Rosemary & Thyme.




No comments:

Post a Comment