Sunday, May 19, 2013

Broccoli-Raisin Salad

I made this recipe for a cookout today and I really liked it!  The recipe says to let it refrigerate at least two hours before serving, which I didn't do.  I think it would have made it taste even more delicious if I had started preparing this dish earlier in the day.  What I  really liked about this recipe is that it called for Greek yogurt instead of mayo, which most broccoli salad recipes that I am familiar with include in their ingredients.  I would definitely make this again.

~Davis

Broccoli-Raisin Salad
(This recipe came from Publix's Family Style magazine)
Ingredients:
-6 cups broccoli florets
-1/2 cup raisins
-1/2 cup dry-roasted sunflower kernels (I used raw shelled sunflower seeds instead)
-1/3 cup finely chopped red onion
-1/3 cup olive oil
-1/3 cup plain Greek yogurt
-2 Tbsp. honey mustard (I used 1 Tbsp. plain yellow mustard and 1 Tbsp. honey)
-1 clove garlic, minced
-2 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
-sea salt, to taste (this is not in the original recipe)

*Lightly steam the broccoli, then transfer to a colander and rinse with cold water.  Drain well.
*In a large bowl mix together the broccoli, raisins, sunflower seed,  and red onion.
*In a separate bowl mix together the remaining ingredients.
*Pour dressing over the broccoli mixture.  Stir so that ingredients are coated well with dressing.
*Refrigerate for 2-24 hours before serving (8 servings).


Broccoli-Raisin Salad


No comments:

Post a Comment