Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Strawberry Honey Jam

I would guess that most people like peanut butter!  We love to eat peanut butter sandwiches and usually eat them for lunch on the weekends (on our homemade whole wheat bread of course!).   Sometimes I make a peanut butter and banana sandwich.  Other times I make a peanut butter and grape sandwich and then there's always peanut butter and raisin sandwiches too!  And we can't forget the classic, PB&J!!  Jams and jellies are so yummy, but you have to be careful that your preferred jam/jelly isn't full of sugar and other unnecessary ingredients.   Below is an easy and delicious recipe for strawberry jam.  The recipe below makes a lot of jam, so I scaled it down and made 1/3 of the recipe.  Also, I used frozen strawberries to save money.  This was fun to make and much better for you than most of those other jams and jellies out there!  

Before I let you go, don't forget to check the ingredients label for your peanut butter.  It's amazing the long list of unnecessary ingredients added to a food that should be very basic.  The peanut butter that we really like has two ingredients: peanuts and less than 1% salt.  


Remember, delicious and healthy eating can be easy, filling and fun!


~Davis 



click here for STRAWBERRY HONEY JAM recipe
(from: www.100DaysofRealFood.com)

Ingredients:
-strawberries and/or blueberries
-honey
-unpeeled apples
-lemon juice

*FYI: I've tried making this in the crock pot and it doesn't work.  


Everything is in the pot and ready to start cooking!

Cutting the recipe down, still makes a lot of yummy jam!  And remember, it freezes well!

4 comments:

  1. This looks amazing and fairly simple to do. I have never made stuffed anything but these look simple enough to try sometime. I love how you made garlic zucchini noodles to go with the dish. That’s my favorite way to eat zucchini noodles. I use my spiralizer weekly. Definitely one of the best birthday gifts I have received. Pickup Lines Google Gravity Tricks I love you quotes Good Night Quotes

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so enjoy your site and your recipes. Would you please consider adding a print option so we can enjoy your recipes a little more easily. Thank you. Dark Web Links How to Access the Dark Web Website Traffic Estimator Best Backlink Checker Tools Play Free Games Online

    ReplyDelete