Monday, March 4, 2013

Pinterest and BBQ Pork Potatoes

I have had several readers ask that I add a Pinterest link to my blog posts, and with the help of my amazing brother  I finally got that taken care of this past weekend!  The "Pin It" button will be located at the bottom of each individual blog post.  I hope you all enjoy Pinning the recipes I share onto your Pinterest Boards!

Now, let's talk about food!  Looking for an easy, yummy, REAL food dinner for this week?  Well, try these BBQ Pork Potatoes.....

Have you ever looked at the ingredients list on the BBQ sauce you have at home or the ones at the grocery store?  A lot of them  have High Fructose Corn Syrup (HFCS) added to them, and often times, it's one of the main ingredients.  For example, Publix Original Barbecue Sauce has fifteen ingredients.  The first ingredient being HFCS!  Also, it has added caramel color...gross!  I don't know about you, but I don't want colors added to my food.  I'd rather just consume it with it's natural coloring.

Below is a recipe for a homemade Barbecue sauce.  I made this sauce the day before I was going to cook the pork and just stored it in the refrigerator.  The Fresh Market recently had their pork tenderloins B1G1 (such a STEAL).  I used one of the pork tenderloins and froze the other one for another time.  Anyway, below is also the Couldn't Be Easier BBQ Pork Tenderloin in a Crock Pot recipe that I used.  The morning after I made the homemade BBQ sauce, I threw together the pork tenderloin in the crock pot and let it cook all day (aren't crock pots AMAZING!!!).  I topped the baked potatoes with butter, cheese, pepper, green onions,  BBQ pork, and red/orange/yellow mini sweet peppers (these colorful mini sweet peppers are a good source of Vitamin A and an excellent source of Vitamin C!).   This was a delicious and filling meal.  Also,  we ate on the pork for  three or four nights, as it makes a lot!   Hope you are able to try this recipe soon.  You just can't beat a good BBQ Pork Potato!

Enjoy!
~Davis



click here for the EASY HOMEMADE BARBECUE SAUCE recipe
(from: Real Food. Real Deal.)
Ingredients:
-olive oil
-minced onion
-fresh garlic
-soy sauce (read the label, some soy sauce is better than others!)
-tomato sauce (preferably organic)
-cumin
-dry mustard
-smoked paprika
-apple cider vinegar
-honey



click here for the BBQ PORK TENDERLOIN (CROCK POT) recipe
(from: Food.com)
Ingredients:
-pork tenderloin
-barbecue sauce (see recipe above)
-onion
-fresh garlic
-hot sauce (I omitted this ingredient)
-salt
-pepper



BBQ Pork Potatoes



No comments:

Post a Comment