Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Olive Oil Sprayer

I am sure all of us have some no-stick cooking spray in your pantry, right?  Well, I used to use PAM: Olive Oil ("made with 100% Extra Virgin Olive Oil"), until I started reading labels.  Honestly, I just assumed it had only Olive Oil in the can, but along with Extra Virgin Olive Oil, it also contains: Lecithin, Phosphated mono- and Diglycerides, Dimethyl Silicone and Propellant!!!  I cook A LOT and so I use cooking spray fairly often.  I really would rather not have these chemicals and additives and such in/on my food!  

So, what's the solution?  The MISTO: The Gourmet Olive Oil Sprayer!!! (I feel like I am on a commercial!)  :)  Not only do I love that I am using ONLY olive oil for my no-stick cooking spray, but I also, love that the can doesn't leak.  Whenever I used to use PAM, it would leak a little down the side of the bottle after I sprayed it and that really was annoying!  I found the MISTO at Publix for $9.99, but I think you can find it at Bed, Bath and Beyond, Walmart, and many other places.  

So, how does it work?  It's SO easy, just fill the container half way with your own olive oil, pump the can and spray!  This is a simple change that everyone can make!!  I hope you choose to make this switch too! 

~Davis 





1 comment: