Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Fiesta Chicken Casserole

Let's face it, anything that can be made in the slow cooker has an advantage over other recipes, right!  If you are like me, then you love REAL food that's easy to throw together, healthy and tasty!  I hope you use this recipe during a busy week you have coming up and relieve a little stress!

Enjoy!
~Davis


Fiesta Chicken Casserole in the Slow Cooker
(Stephanie O'Dea: A Year of Slow Cooking)
Ingredients:
-rinsed raw brown rice
-broth (I used homemade chicken stock)*
-salsa **
-canned corn (I used no salt added canned corn-ingredients were corn and water)
-black beans (I used dried beans.  I soaked and cooked them a few days in advance)
-chicken breasts
-fresh mozzarella cheese

*The recipe calls for 1/2 cup liquid, but next time I will probably use 3/4 cup, as it was a tiny bit dry.

**Not all salsas are created equal....make sure you read the ingredient label.  The salsa I used had no preservatives, additives and the ingredients were recognizable!


Fiesta Chicken Casserole

No comments:

Post a Comment