Friday, March 15, 2013

Carrot Muffins (or Cupcakes)

This was my first experience cooking with coconut flour and I am definitely a fan!  I made this recipe without the Honey Cream Cheese Frosting, therefore I made carrot muffins instead of carrot cupcakes (I am sure the cupcakes would taste amazing too!).  These were easy to make and I love that they are full of grated carrots (one pound to be exact!)!  There is also a noticeable coconut flavor.  The coconut flavor in combination with the subtle carrot flavor was delicious!  These were the perfect start to my day this morning!

Hope you enjoy them too!
~Davis


Grain-free Carrot Cupcakes with Honey Cream Cheese Frosting
(Nourished Kitchen)
Ingredients:
-almond flour
-coconut flour
-baking powder
-baking soda
-sea salt
-carrots
-eggs
-honey
-coconut oil
-yogurt
-cream cheese*
-vanilla*
-heavy cream*

*if you make the muffins, then you don't need these ingredients, as they are for the icing.


Carrot Muffins


No comments:

Post a Comment