Thursday, March 14, 2013

Jerk Chicken & Pineapple Bowl

This was very tasty and I love the flavor the fresh pineapple added to the Jerk Chicken!  Also, this was pretty simple to throw together.  I boiled some natural whole grain brown rice (one ingredient) in some homemade chicken stock and served the chicken mixture over the rice.  YUMMY!

Enjoy!
~Davis

Jerk Chicken & Pineapple Bowl
(Health-Bent.com)

Ingredients:
-coconut oil
-red onion
-fresh pineapple
-bell peppers
-chicken breasts
-ground allspice
-ground cumin
-coconut sugar (I replaced this ingredient with 1 Tbsp. of Pure Maple Syrup)
-ground sage
-red pepper flakes (I omitted this ingredient)
-dried thyme
-ground cloves
-ground nutmeg
-salt (I used 1/8 tsp.)
-pepper (I used 1/4 tsp. pepper)
-juice of 1 lime

Jerk Chicken & Pineapple Bowl served over brown rice

No comments:

Post a Comment