Thursday, March 28, 2013

Energy Bites, Powerballs, and Monster Cookies

I've made the Energy Bites several times now and really like them!  They are great to pop in your mouth before or after a workout...or even to top off your lunch!  They are easy to make and full of yummy, nutritious goodness!  I haven't tried the Powerball recipes or the Monster Cookie recipe, but I hope to soon. To me, they are similar to the Energy Bites and I would enjoy having a batch made up and ready to consume in the refrigerator or freezer!

Have a good evening!
~Davis



No-Bake Energy Bites
(Gimme Some Oven*)
Ingredients (I made a couple of ingredient changes):
-old fashioned oats
-1/2 cup raw sunflower seeds and 1/4 cup raw pumpkin seeds (the seeds replaced the coconut flakes in the original recipe)
-peanut butter (I used homemade peanut butter)
-flaxseed and/or wheat germ
-raisins (which replaced the optional chocolate chips in the original recipe)
-honey
-chia seeds (I love chia seeds...so good for you!!!)
-vanilla extract

I recently read that when making energy balls, a helpful tip that will make them stick together better is to grind half of the nuts/seeds into powder first.  I think this is a great suggestion, because while the energy balls were delicious, they could use a little better binding.

*Gimme Some Oven, also has a recipe for Pumpkin No Bake Energy Bites (dates, honey, pumpkin puree, chia seeds/flax seeds, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, salt, oats, coconut, pumpkin seeds), which sound delicious too!



Powerballs
(100 Days of Real Food)
Ingredients for the Chocolate Peanut Butter Powerballs:
-pecans
-pitted dates
-peanut butter
-100% cacao

Ingredients for the Peanut Honey Powerballs:
-peanut butter
-honey
-rolled oats
-nuts or dried fruit
-crushed nuts, granola cereal or unsweetened coconut



Monster Cookies
(My Delicious Life)
Ingredients:
-almond butter
-coconut oil
-honey
-walnuts
-almonds
-pumpkin seeds
-unsweetened coconut
-vanilla extract
-sea salt
-almond flour/meal
-raisins


No Bake Energy Bites

No comments:

Post a Comment