Saturday, February 9, 2013

What's In My Kitchen...

So I had a friend suggest that I blog about my pantry staples, which I thought was a great idea!  I love it when I get suggestions, questions, and comments from my readers!  

So, here's what all you would find in my kitchen  (not just my pantry) on any given day...


-raw almonds
-raw walnuts
-raw pumpkin seeds
-raw sunflower seeds
-peanut butter (only two ingredients: peanuts and less than 1% salt)
-almond butter (I love almond butter, but because it's more expensive than peanut butter, I don't use it as regularly as I do peanut butter)
-organic virgin unrefined coconut oil
-olive oil
-100% whole wheat flour
-whole dried pitted dates
-honey
-100% pure maple syrup
-raisins
-organic quinoa 
-dried beans
-100% whole grain pasta (one ingredient)
-tahini (pureed roasted sesame seeds)
-yeast 
-plain Triscuits
-old fashion rolled oats
-popcorn kernels
-homemade granola
-kosher salt and sea salt
-lots of fruits and vegetables, but I always have bananas, red grapes, fresh garlic, avocado and carrots on hand
-flaxseed meal (right now, I have a bag of chia seeds, which I am enjoying too!)
-homemade whole wheat bread
-homemade coffee creamer
-milk
-Simply Apple juice (one ingredient)-this is what my husband now drinks in place of his soft drinks
-Simply Orange juice-high pulp (one ingredient)
-eggs
-organic pure lemon juice (one ingredient)
-organic pure lime juice (one ingredient)
-blocks of cheese
-butter
-plain Greek yogurt


What we always keep stocked up on in the freezer:
-homemade pesto
-homemade chicken stock
-homemade hummus
-homemade jam
-frozen vegetables (single ingredient)
-frozen fruit (single ingredient)


I would love to hear what some of your favorite food items are in your kitchen!

~Davis 








No comments:

Post a Comment