Thursday, February 7, 2013

Greek Pitas with Tzatziki sauce

This Tzatziki sauce is delicious and easy to make.  I used Greek yogurt, which is high in protein and a great source of calcium.  Also, I have never been a big fan of cucumbers, but after eating this Tzatziki sauce, I think I may in fact like cucumbers!  I think this sauce tastes best after it sits in the refrigerator several hours or  over night, so plan ahead and let it have time to "marinade" before serving.  

I enjoyed scooping this sauce up on some plain reduced fat Triscuits, but it was also a great topper for the Greek Pitas I made.  Here's what I threw together for my pitas: raw spinach, slices of tomatoes, sauteed onions (I used just olive oil), feta cheese (I bought the block of feta, not the already crumbled kind), chicken from the crock pot, Tzatziki sauce and sprouted grain tortillas (click here for a picture and list of ingredients for the tortillas I use).  Very simple dinner paired with strawberries and grapes for dessert, equals another REAL food meal!

~Davis 


click here for TZATZIKI SAUCE recipe
(from: 100 Days of Real Food)

Ingredients:
-plain yogurt (I used Greek yogurt)
-cucumber
-minced garlic
-dill (I used dried dill)
-olive oil
-red wine vinegar

Greek Pita

Tzatziki Sauce

Strawberries and Grapes


No comments:

Post a Comment