Monday, February 25, 2013

Whole Wheat Zucchini Muffins & Whole Wheat Sweet Potato Muffins

I love to sneak vegetables into breakfast!  The zucchini muffins and sweet potato muffins were delicious and I would definitely make then again! If you've been following my blog, I am sure you've noticed that I like to make muffins.  One of the reason I do is because you can make them on the weekend and then just pop them in the microwave each morning during the week, which makes for an easy and fast breakfast!  Hope you try one of these recipes soon!

Enjoy!
~Davis  


click here for the WHOLE WHEAT ZUCCHINI MUFFINS recipe
(from: 100 Days of Real Food)

Ingredients:
-whole wheat flour
-cinnamon
-baking soda
-baking powder
-salt
-eggs
-oil (I used half coconut oil and half olive oil)
-honey*
-vanilla
-grated zucchini
-chopped nuts (I used walnuts)
*The recipe calls for 1/2 cup honey.  I used only 1/4 cup honey and added a mashed banana.



click here for the WHOLE WHEAT SWEET POTATO MUFFINS recipe
(from: All Recipes)

Ingredients:
-cooked sweet potato
-whole wheat flour
-baking soda
-salt
-ground cinnamon
-ground nutmeg
-ground ginger
-ground cloves
-oil (the recipe calls for vegetable oil, but I used olive oil instead)
-eggs
-vanilla
-honey (The recipe calls for 1 cup honey.  I used only 1/3 cup honey and added a mashed banana)
-yogurt*
-1-2 Tbsp. Flax seed meal (not in original recipe)
-almonds (see note below)

*The recipe calls for vanilla yogurt, but instead I bought plain Greek yogurt and sweetened it with 100% pure maple syrup and then flavored it with vanilla extract.

Notes:
The recipe calls for an oatmeal/brown sugar/almond/cinnamon topping.  I didn't add a topping to my muffins, therefore, I left out the oatmeal, brown sugar and additional tsp. of cinnamon for this recipe.  I did, however, use the 1/2 cup almonds IN the muffins.  I simple put the almonds in my food processor until they were chopped up and then just added it to the muffin mix.


Zucchini Muffins



No comments:

Post a Comment