Saturday, January 5, 2013

Crockpot Honey Apple Pork Loin

Recipes in the crock pot are so convenient and this pork recipe was tasty too!  We don't eat a lot of pork, but I would definitely make this again!  Serve this up with a couple of steamed or baked vegetables and a side of fresh fruit for dessert and vuala!  

A note concerning the apples.....I would love to buy all organic, but that gets pricey.  I know there's some controversy as to how beneficial organic foods really are, but I believe they are ideal and best.  However, it isn't realistic for me to buy all organic...as we are on one income, remember  :)  Having said this, there are certain foods I do try to keep in mind when at the store and when my weekly grocery budget allows, then I buy organic.  I am sure you have heard of the "Dirty Dozen"  (a list of the top twelve foods that have the highest levels of pesticide residue)?  Well, apples top the Dirty Dozen list!  So, if you can afford it, I would encourage you to buy organic apples.  


If you try this recipe, I'd love to hear what you think about it and what you served it with.  Hope everyone's weekend is going well!


~Davis 




click here for CROCKPOT HONEY APPLE PORK LOIN recipe
(from: http://mycrossfitpaleojourney.wordpress.com/)

Ingredients:
-Pork Loin
-Red Delicious Apples
-Honey
-Cinnamon

1 comment:

  1. I made this for dinner tonight and omg is this INCREDIBLE. I subbed the chicken broth for veggie broth to make it vegetarian and I am sure it tastes just as good — if not better! I am definitely saving this and making it again. And again. Thanks for the post!!!UpdateLand

    ReplyDelete