Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Avocado & Spinach Salad with Warm Citrus Vinaigrette

OK, so this salad is amazingly tasty and so good for you!  As I am sure you know, spinach is rich in antioxidants and full of lots of wonderful vitamins and minerals.  As for avocados ...I love them!  They grow on a tree and are actually a fruit (not a vegetable).  I had always thought of avocados as a vegetable, but after doing some reading not too long ago, I learned that they are a part of the fruit family.  Like spinach, avocados have lots of vitamins and minerals.  Avocados are well known for their high level of monounsaturated fat (a good fat).  This salad is full of other healthy REAL food ingredients, so plan on enjoying this soon!

~Davis


click here for AVOCADO & SPINACH SALAD WITH WARM CITRUS VINAIGRETTE recipe

Ingredients:
-spinach
-avocados
-feta*
-olive oil
-orange juice (I used Simply Orange juice - high pulp)
-lemon juice (I used organic, fresh pressed, Pure Lemon juice that I had in my refrigerator)
-white vinegar (I used apple cider vinegar)
-sugar (I used 1 tsp. honey  instead)
-kosher salt
-pepper
-pine nuts (I used walnuts)
-blackberries (I used blueberries)
-chicken (not in the original recipe, just something I added)**

*I bought a block of feta (not crumbled feta) and crumbled it myself.  It only takes a few seconds to crumble it and the block of feta doesn't have the anti-caking additives that the crumbled feta has. 
**I used some chicken I had cooked in the crock pot earlier in the week.  


Avocado & Spinach Salad with Warm Citrus Vinaigrette




No comments:

Post a Comment