Sunday, April 7, 2013

Sweet and Spicy Vegetable Wraps

So, I just recently discovered  spring roll skins and they are so great!  I had some homemade spring rolls at a friend's house recently and so I thought I would try making some too.  They turned out be to a huge success.  We ate these for three nights straight and I probably could have eaten these Sweet and Spicy Vegetable Wraps another couple of nights.  They  are easy to make and so yummy!

To makes these, I simply mixed together shredded/grated: cucumbers, carrots and radishes.  Then I mixed in diced green onions, sprouts (I used broccoli sprouts), chopped fresh cilantro and chopped fresh mint.  Next, I poured some of the homemade Sweet and Spicy Salad Dressing (see recipe below) onto the vegetables (I made the dressing up ahead of time).   Stir this so that all the vegetables get "seasoned" with the dressing.  Then I spooned some of the vegetable mixture onto a prepared spring roll skin.  A quick tip....let the dressing drain a little before putting the vegetables onto the wrap, or else it will make it soggy.  Also, when I say "prepared" spring roll, I mean that you have to soak each skin in warm water to soften the wrap...don't soak it too long, it else it will start to come apart.  Then top the "seasoned" vegetable mixture with a slice or two of avocado.  Roll up the wrap and you are done!  I made these earlier in the day and put them in the refrigerator until it was time to eat them.

Hope you enjoy them as much as I did!
~Davis


Sweet & Spicy Salad Dressing
(Epicurious)
Ingredients:
-balsamic vinegar
-fresh garlic
-paprika
-yellow mustard (recipe calls for dijon mustard, but I used plain yellow mustard)
-oregano
-cayenne pepper
-sea salt
-pepper
-honey
-olive oil



Sweet and Spicy Vegetable Wraps






No comments:

Post a Comment