Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Spicy Broiled Hamburgers and Creamy Whole Wheat Mac and Cheese

Not only is this meal easy, yummy and REAL food, but it's kid friendly too!  The hamburger patties really aren't spicy, but that could be because I didn't use any cayenne pepper.  The burgers are so tasty and the recipe makes a lot of patties!  Also, I am not good on the grill (however, my husband is great on the grill), so I was able to make these earlier in the day in the oven.  As for the mac and cheese.....my husband probably said three different times at dinner, "this recipe has GOT to go on the blog!"   Overall this meal was a hit!  However, I roasted some green beans in the oven, and we decided green beans are not our favorite vegetable to  roast.  Next time I will roast broccoli or brussel sprouts.

The two recipes below are a must try!!

Enjoy!
Davis


Spicy Broiled Hamburger Patties
(Food.com)
Ingredients:
-ground beef
-onion
-sea salt
-pepper
-garlic powder
-oregano
-paprika
-curry powder (I didn't use any cayenne pepper)


Creamy Whole-Wheat Mac and Cheese
(100 Days of Real Food)
Ingredients:
-whole wheat macaroni
-butter
-heavy cream (I used whole milk)
-freshly grated cheese
-sea salt
-pepper




No comments:

Post a Comment