Wednesday, April 10, 2013

snack and dessert ideas

Here are some treats that I enjoy having here at the house for us to snack on or have for dessert!  Hope you will try one (or all) of the recipes sometime soon! :)

Frozen Grapes and Kiwi
(Whole Living Magazine)
Ingredients:
-grapes
-kiwi


Date Shake Popsicles
(Whole Living Magazine)
Ingredients:
-Greek yogurt
-pitted dates
-cinnamon
-milk

Chocolate Fruit Dip
(Natural Awakenings Magazine)
Ingredients:
-avocado, mashed
-100% pure cocoa powder
-honey (instead of agave nectar*)
-pure vanilla extract
-water

So, I am pretty much in love with this dip!  I enjoy eating it on an apple, but I bet it would be good on strawberries, grapes, pineapple, etc.!  This article that I got the recipe out of is full of great eating tips and ideas.  This fruit dip is under the "avocado" section of the article and as you will see, the ingredients don't specify the amount, but just do it to taste.  It's really yummy!!

*I keep reading negative things about agave nectar.  Here's one article I read, which didn't speak highly of agave nectar: Agave Nectar: Good or Bad?


organic apple with chocolate fruit dip



No comments:

Post a Comment