Friday, April 12, 2013

burger, rice, veggies and smoothie!

So the dinner we had the other night was SO GOOD and easy to prepare!!  We had Cilantro Turkey Burgers topped with avocado, Corn & Summer Vegetable Saute, and Creamy Lemon Rice.  I had a lot of cilantro left from the Sweet & Spicy Vegetable Wraps I made the other night, so I was glad to have the Cilantro Turkey Burger recipe so I didn't have to waste the cilantro.

Speaking of leftover ingredients, I also had fresh mint left from making the Sweet & Spicy Vegetable Wraps and were able to use them in a smoothie.  I love making different kinds of smoothies for breakfast during spring and summer and I usually don't use mint leaves in my smoothies, but I really liked the Minty Lime Smoothie I made, so I will share that recipe below too!  It was very refreshing!

Hope you are able to enjoy these recipes sometime soon!
~Davis


CILANTRO TURKEY BURGERS
(Paleo Plan)
Ingredients:
-ground turkey
-fresh cilantro
-red onion
-fresh garlic
-sea salt
-black pepper


CORN AND SUMMER VEGETABLE SAUTE
(My Recipes)
Ingredients:
olive oil (I didn't use canola oil as suggested in the recipe)
green onions
fresh garlic
fresh okra
red bell pepper
jalapeno (I omitted this ingredient)
fresh corn kernels
black beans (I used canned this time and the ingredients were: black beans, water, salt)
fresh cilantro
sea salt
black pepper


CREAMY LEMON RICE
(Food.com)
Ingredients:
-butter (I used salted butter)
-rice (I used brown rice)
-1 onion finely diced (not in original recipe, but use in step 2 of recipe-stir in along with the rice and lemon zest)
-lemon zest
-chicken broth (I used homemade chicken stock)
-sea salt
-fresh lemon juice
-heavy cream (I used whole milk instead)
-black pepper


MINTY LIME DETOX SMOOTHIE
(Natural Cures Not Medicine)
Ingredients:
-bananas
-lime
-orange
-fresh mint
-coconut water (one ingredient)
(I also added a kiwi and strawberries one morning too and it was delicious!)



Cilantro Turkey Burger, Corn & Summer Vegetable Saute, and  Creamy Lemon Rice.



No comments:

Post a Comment