Saturday, July 13, 2013

Salmon Patties, Squash Casserole, Zucchini Fritters, Baked Fried Chicken

I love these salmon patties!  They are so easy and take hardly any time to throw together!

Salmon Patties (Best of Grain Free Meal Plans Volume 1 By: Cara Faus)
12 oz. of wild caught salmon (canned with no bones or skin)
2 eggs
1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut

I baked the patties on 375 for 10-15 minutes on each side or until done.

Baked Salmon Patties

I got this squash recipe from a friend of mine.  She said it  has been passed down in her family for several generations.  I made a couple of changes to it and it turned out great!  My husband doesn't like squash or casseroles, but liked this!  We will definitely be making this again!

Confetti Squash Casserole
1-2 cups grated cheese
8-10 yellow squash, diced, cooked and drained (I roasted the squash to cook it - olive oil, sea salt and pepper)
1 cup (or more) soft bread crumbs (I used homemade wheat bread)
3-4 small sweet red mini peppers, diced (seeds removed)
2-3 green onions, chopped
1 Tbsp. honey
2 eggs, beaten
1 tsp sea salt
3 Tbsp melted butter
1 cup hot whole milk (microwave for 1 minute)
2 tsp. dried parsley (or 2 Tbsp. fresh parsley)

Mix all the ingredients together.  Pour into a greased dish.  Bake for 1 hour at 375.

Confetti Squash Casserole

Greek Zucchini Fritters
Zucchini
sea salt
eggs
herbs (for example: dill, mint, parsley)
ground cumin
fresh breadcrumbs (I used homemade wheat bread)
black pepper
feta
I baked mine, so I didn't use any flour or oil.  I baked them at 400 for 15 minutes, them I flipped them and baked them another 20  minutes.
Once the fritters where on the plate, I topped them with plain greek yogurt, sea salt, pepper, garlic powder, chopped green onions and chopped cucumber...YUM!!!

Greek Zucchini Fritters with Confetti Squash Casserole
Baked Fried Chicken (Best of Grain Free Meal Plans, Volume 1 By: Cara Faus)
3 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breasts
3/4 cup almond flour
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1 tsp Italian seasoning
1/8 tsp (or less) cayenne pepper

Mix together the flour, salt, peppers. and seasoning.  Dampen the chicken and dip into the flour mixture.  Once the entire breast is covered with the "batter", then place in a greased 9X13 dish.  Bake the chicken at 375 for 35 minutes or until done.

Baked Fried Chicken with Confetti Squash Casserole


No comments:

Post a Comment